Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Big, Fat, Gross Pig!

For many years now I've ridden the diet and exercise roller coaster. I'm guessing many of you have ridden the same ride. You diet and exercise for a while, start to drop the pounds, feel great when you hit your goal, run into a major holiday or crisis (we women have plenty of those) and start pigging out again. Then you get mad at yourself for eating so you drown your sorrows in more food. You think about starting a new diet... on Monday... or next Monday. You start to gain back weight and you stop exercising (because it hurts when your legs rub together when you walk) and you can't breathe. Then your clothes start to get tight and you have nothing to wear. You tell your husband he's crazy for finding you attractive because you're a "big, fat, gross, pig" so you start the process all over again determined to go back to skinny you.

Well, I've reached the "big, fat, gross pig" stage now and I'm on my way back up the first roller coaster hill. I'm determined this time is gonna be it. No more roller coaster! I'm takin' it off and keepin' it off! So, I'm trying something different this time. For starters, I'm using this blog to hold myself accountable. I'm saying right here and right now that I am going to lose my weight and keep it off. Whether 2 people read this or 200, at least I will have written it down. I plan to keep coming back to this as a reminder of what I said I was going to do.

To be specific, I plan to lose 30 pounds by the end of June, 2012. We have a cruise planned on July 9, and I really want to look my best. The hard part will be after the cruise, when I've had a week of eating all the delicious food from the endless buffet. That's when I'll come back here and remind myself again!

If you happen upon my blog and can relate, even if you can't relate, I'd love to hear from you. I'd appreciate a word of encouragement and knowing people are watching is a big motivator. Check in frequently and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that.

    And yes, I find you tremendously attractive... even when you've gained some weight. I'm not exactly a buff, Adonnis.

    I love you no matter how you describe yourself.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete